Sunday, January 18, 2009

How will I fit it all in?

I mentioned that the Empire State Building Race was bad timing even though I'm delighted to be doing it but just before I got the invitation I also found out about a 100K race in Galway on March 28th and I had already commited to a 100K trail race in May. I'd been searching for a 100K road race for quite a while as i need a qualifyer time for another planned future event so when this one came up I couldn't refuse.
Then the following month I'm running the Wicklow Way Ultra as a last long training run before my 100K race in Australia on May 15th and the following weekend I'm travelling to London for the London Marathon. So to summarise, I've got the ESBRU on Feb 03rd followed by the Celtic 100K on March 28th, then it's the Wicklow Way Ultra and London Marathon in April and then it's The North Face 100K in Australia in May. Now I've no problem covering the distances but to run them competitevly requires event specific training so my ESBRU stair climbing sessions are costing me long runs and my long road runs for the Celtic 100K are costing me long trail / mountain runs in preparation for the race in Australia.
My plan for the moment is to train for the Celtic 100K and substitute 1 or 2 fast runs with stair climbing sessions. I was looking at last years ESBRU on youtube and from doing some research on the event it sounds like I could be positioned mid pack because I don't have any stair climbing experience so there's no point in giving this event 100% when I won't get the chance to compete at 100%. I will however train hard and still give it 100% on the day.
My goal race is the one in Australia so everything I do between now and then will be leading towards this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment