Monday, June 3, 2013

Training Diary for 27th May-2nd June 2013.


Monday May 27th. HRV= 66 White.

27th June HRVBetter than expected even though it should be higher but based on the weekend it’s a good result.  Legs feeling stiff / heavy and did a short lunchtime run of 8K to try get them moving again.   Running Commute home and from the start it felt more of an effort for the pace and HR.  Legs tired and wasn’t mentally switched on so I’ll call it a good run.
Plan for tomorrow is an early Gym session and an after work long run from road to trail.

Tuesday May 28th. HRV=68 White.

28th June HRVA slight improvement which wasn’t expected as I felt tired last night and still carrying the excess weight gain from the weekend.  Relatively easy Gym session of Sumo Deadlift and standing lunges with front leg elevated.  Legs feeling ok so I went for a short recovery run to make the most of the good weather.  Followed this with a 20K after work starting easy but picking it up as the legs started to come alive.
Plan for tomorrow is a long easy run.

Wednesday May 29th. HRV=65 White.

29th June HRVA good result and looking like a great day. No time for a lunchtime run but ran home and after a quick change made my way to the Track to coach for 1.5hrs and even managed a short recovery run.
Plan for tomorrow is an early gym session and a steady run after coaching.

Thursday May 30th. HRV=63 White.

30th June HRVGym session cancelled so I used the opportunity for a running commute.  Felt tired getting up and was very tempted to stay in bed but made the right decision.
Plan for tomorrow is a lunchtime Recovery run.

Friday May 31st. HRV= 53 Amber.

31st June HRVUnexpected but I’ll take the warning.  Easy lunchtime run of 7K keeping my HR around 120bpm and happy with the resulting pace for the easy effort.  Had the opportunity for a second evening run with a club mate and I took it as he’s nursing an injury and just wanted to test the recovery.  Between the 2 of us we agreed on a 4-10K route with a few escape options if there were any problems.  Started a bit faster than I expected but the pace was manageable and as the run progressed so did the pace.  We took a chance and picked it up for the 9th Km and then eased back to recovery at a pace than was now feeling easy.  A good run and totally unexpected.  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/320789195
Plan for tomorrow is an early run with a few track Intervals.

Saturday June 01st. HRV= 66 Green.

1st June HRVA good result after yesterday.  Went to the track and the plan was 3*1K after a long warm up and a short break / distraction to coach a few footballers.  Coaching session went well but when I tried to do my Intervals I just couldn’t get the legs going.  Not sure if it was because I was on my own or just simply fatigue from yesterday but it was still worth getting out of bed for.
Plan for tomorrow is a long run.

Sunday June 02nd. HRV= 77 White.

2nd June HRVJust what I wanted in advance of a long run and the plan is for 40-50K.  Started off on my own and met a club mate running towards me along the canal and we continued in the direction I was heading which was also back towards his house.  We continued on for 15K and then turned to retrace our steps before leaving the canal at 20K and then I was on my own.  I didn’t have any particular route planned and sometimes this can be a good idea on a long run as you don’t start to dread what’s ahead when you’ve only started.  Some of my direction decisions were made by the flow of traffic and I finished close to my house with 45K. Definetly had more in my legs and wasn’t feeling any drop in energy and that’s a great way to finish.
Plan for tomorrow is an early long run to make the most of the Bank Holiday Monday.

Weekly HRV Summary

Weekly June HRVA good week and managed to make the most of the running commute with a few extra Kilometres clocked up and I’m now back up to 160K (100 Miles) for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment