Monday, June 17, 2013

Training Diary for 10th - 16th June.


Monday 10th June HRV=50 Amber.

June HRVHappy with this result as it shows a Training Effect from the weekend and makes me feel a bit better about finishing short yesterday.  On a half day and used the opportunity for a running commute home.  Only had time for my usual distance as there’s a reason for the half day with things to do.
Plan for tomorrow is an early Gym session.

Tuesday 11th June HRV=64 White.

June HRVA good result followed by a bad start to the day as my train was delayed and that meant missing the Gym session.  Legs feeling heavy and not really on form for a run but got a call asking if I was available for Runch (Running Lunch) and off I went for what I thought would be an easy 8K but turned into a Steady 11K.  A good run and just what I needed as it’s not often I get the opportunity to train with a faster partner (sub 35 min 10K).  Finished the day with a 9K recovery run shortly after getting home from work.
Plan for tomorrow is a running commute home and maybe some easy distance while coaching.

Wednesday 12th June HRV=72 White.

June HRVA good result although my legs are feeling fatigued but that’s a more manageable complaint than cardio fatigue.  Busy during lunch with no opportunity to run but had time for the runmute in a heavy downpour of rain.  Conditions far from ideal but if there’s a chance you could be racing in the rain then you need to train in the rain.  Luckily you don’t need to dodge umbrellas during races.  Finished the day with a recovery run while coaching.
Plan for tomorrow is an early Gym session and a lunchtime 10K.

Thursday 13th June HRV=68 White.

June HRVDecided last might to cancel the Gym session as I’m on holidays next week and might benefit more from a heavy running week and because I haven’t been to the Gym too often over the past few weeks I’d surely have the DOMS in advance of my weekend.  Easy run to work keeping the pace slow and heart rate low and followed that with an altered lunchtime run of 8K at a faster pace.  A good day with the extra emphasis on recovery.
Plan for tomorrow will depend on recovery.

Friday 14th June HRV= 68 White.

June HRVA good result but may not get the chance to get the most from it as I’m committed to coaching and pacing this evening but will still get a decent session.
Session didn’t go to plan as I was stood up but that could have been a blessing in disguise as I bonked after less than 5K of easy running.  Struggled on to finish with 11K of slow running on empty in the cold and rain that added the finishing touches to how I was feeling.  Still a good run as these are the ones that train the mind.
Plan for tomorrow is a long run but need to fit it between football matches and taxi duties.

Saturday 15th June HRV=69 White.

June HRVA good result but found it hard getting out of bed and paid the price with a shorter than planned run.  Settled for 20K rather the 30-40K I was dreaming about.  Dropped my wife to the train station and stopped off to watch the finish of a Parkrun to help feed the hunger and looking at the pain on the finish line faces makes you feel a little bit less sorry for yourself.
Plan for tomorrow is a long run with an early start.

Sunday 16th June HRV=70 White.

June HRVPerfect.  Got a shock when the alarm went off and must admit if I wasn’t meeting someone I’d have stayed in bed.  Started the run from home shortly after 7am and the plan was to run along the canal for 27K and turn at a village called Enfield to retrace our steps back to the start.  Took it nice and easy but needed to make an early pit stop before 8K at a hotel in a town along the route called Maynooth.  No other issues and the run went to plan with my only complaint being I wish it was longer.  The run was fuelled with 1 cup of coffee, 1 banana and less than 400ml of water.  Refuelled with Porridge made with pre-soaked pinhead oats, coconut oil, Chia bia seeds, crushed almonds, blueberries and Cherryactive.
Plan for tomorrow will depend on recovery but I’d like to do a Steady state run of 1hr+ or another long run

Weekly Summary

June HRVAnother good week but would have liked a longer run on Saturday and maybe a bit longer on Sunday.  Next week could be a bit hit and miss and I’ll need to just take what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment