Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Easy Miles

23 miles into the London Marathon I felt some discomfort in my left knee which gradually got worse and shortly after finishing the race it felt very sore and as I cooled down it became uncomfortable to walk.  I self diagnosed it as being iliotibial band syndrome (IT band) a very common running complaint but one I had so far managed to avoid.  First thing on Monday morning I booked a lunchtime massage and it's only now 3 days after the race that I was able to walk without any pain so I decided to try an easy run.  Went out for an easy 3 miles and although I know I could have gone longer I thought it best to err on the side of caution and gradually get back into it.  My plan for this weekend is to spend as much time as possible in the mountains and concentrate on climbing and descending rather than distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment