Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Running is hard but not running is harder.


I've 38 days to go until my first attempt at a road 100K which also includes a week of Tapering and I'm injured. There were times when it was an effort to put on my running gear and leave my house for a 1 or 2 hour run on a cold winter's evening and sometimes I convinced myself not to go out. But now that I'm injured and I can't go out I don't have that same lazy feeling and it's killing me not to run now that I don't have a choice. My injury is nothing serious but it's enough to knock me back a small but still significant bit in my schedule. The attached photo was taken after successfully climbing to the highest point in every county in Ireland in a record breaking 96 hrs with a team from Ulster Bank. I injured my knee while descending Carrantouhill the first peak of our challenge and had to improvise a knee support using a pair of boxer shorts and duck tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment