Saturday, November 17, 2012

ithlete Heart Rate Variation & Training.

Monday 15th October: ithlete HRV = 75.
A great start to the week after a busy weekend of training and family activities.  Wasn’t expecting my HRV to be so high as I’d done an early 30K yesterday and didn’t have a good food day.  Went to bed last night almost 1.5kg heavier than this time last week.  Plan for today was a lunchtime strength session and an evening recovery run but the run has now changed to a slightly harder running commute home of 18K.  I’m pacing the Dublin Marathon later this month and today I’ll run at my pacing pace of 5min per K or less than 135bpm.
Provisional plan for tomorrow is an early strength session of mostly Power Clean which I’m still trying to get the hang of and an evening Tempo run making the most of a free hour while my daughter is at training.
Tuesday 16th October: ithlete HRV= 69.
Early Gym session which consisted of Power Clean (5 sets of 3 reps at 40Kg), Strict Press (4 sets of 3 reps at 32.5Kg) and 3 sets of 20 Kettlebell Swings with 12kg.  Life got in the way and didn’t get a chance to run today.
Plan for tomorrow is undecided and will depend on my HRV reading /muscle fatigue and available time.
Wednesday 17th October: ithlete HRV=78.
Lunchtime run of 5K at my recovery HR in the rain.  Took it nice and easy as I have a tougher session planned for later.  Session number 2 didn’t go as planned as the weather was quite bad and I needed to carry a bag with dry clothes.
Plan for tomorrow is an early strength session of mostly Deadlifting and lunchtime run of 8-10K depending on how I feel.
Thursday 18th October: ithlete HRV=73.
Strength session cancelled so I ran to work rather than wasting the free time.  The run felt quite effortless and ran at my Marathon pacing pace which was well within my aerobic zone.
Plan for tomorrow is a running commute home and some stretching / mobility work.
Friday 19th October: ithlete HRV=72.
Running commute home at a steady but comfortable pace
Plan for weekend is undecided and I’ll take what I can get.
Saturday 20th October: ithlete HRV=77.
Higher than expected so I made the most of it coupled with my available time.  Early 15K at marathon Pacing Pace with club mates followed by an evening 10K Steady run.  My plan was to run hard enough to really stress myself but I found my legs weren’t as recovered as my heart.
Sunday 21st October: ithlete HRV=70.
Today was similar to yesterday but my early run was less than 10K and my evening steady 10k was slightly faster.

ithlete Summary

ithlete John O'ReganMy blue line is showing a steady upward climb and I feel like I’ve fully recovered from my 24-hr race last month. My short term focus is on the Dublin Marathon next weekend and following that I’ll put all my intention into preparing for the Black Ice Race in 132 days time.
ithlete John O'Regan
For further information check out my ithlete case study.

No comments:

Post a Comment