Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Good run gone bad.

Today should have been an ideal opportunity to fit in a mid week long run by using the extra day off work for St Patrick's Day but it didn't go to plan.  Leaving my house at 8am my legs felt heavy and my hamstrings felt tight for the first time since I can't remember when.  Checking my Garmin I could see my heart rate was very low at 110 bpm but I was finding the 8 minute mile slightly uncomfortable.  I kept going as I had planned on meeting Tony a mile or 2 later and when we did meet up I decided to continue but at the reduced pace.  On my return home after 13 miles I put some extra effort into my recovery routine and probably put on a Kg in weight with all the carbs I've consumed.
If I'm feeling the same tomorrow i'll take a few days off and use the rest period to get a sports massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment