Sunday, May 29, 2011

A mixed week.

The Outsider Crew at the Adventure Weekend.

With Mark Pollock & Gearoid Towey for the Outsider Think Tank.

Finished off last week with an early trail run over a familiar route not to far from home which gives a great workout for a short amount of time.  As I was due at the Adventure Weekend later the same morning I made the most of my available time by running out for 60 mins which is almost all uphill before turning to retrace my steps and returning home.  The talk went quite well and although nervous beforehand I got so into it that I wanted it to last a bit longer.

All of last week was spent with easy runs of between 10-20K making sure to keep my heart rate in the aerobic zone and I put a bit more effort into my stretching and mobility exercises as prescribed by John Belton.  Tuesday & Thursday included a 2 hr gym session with Mark Pollock continuing with the Project Walk routine and Saturday I was back with Performance Therapy Ireland to continue my strength and conditioning programme.  I was wiped out after my session but know it hit the right spots so a big thanks to Stephen and John.

Finished off the week with the same run as last week but went a little bit further and turned at the top of 2 Rock mountain.  Starting off I could feel my legs were feeling the effects of yesterday's gym session but my heart rate was right were I wanted it to be so I took it slow and steady.


No comments:

Post a Comment