Friday, April 30, 2010

Tapering


It's that time of year again and with the Virgin London Marathon now behind me I've started my taper. The London Marathon went almost to plan but I finished slightly ahead of schedule in 4hr21 instead of 4hr22.
Conditions in London were far from ideal for pacing or racing but the heat and slower pace couldn't have suited me better as it's ideal preparation for Brive.
Over the past few weeks my training routine has almost mirrored the days leading up to my 24-hr race in Tooting Bec and when comparing this schedule with the previous one it's looking like I'm in better shape. The trick now is to keep the mind healthy and try not to drown in the distance before I get there. A weak mind won't pull a strong body, all must be equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment