Friday, December 4, 2009

Planning ahead.


There's not a lot to say at the moment as all I'm really doing is clocking up a few miles at more or less the same pace which is back to my default easy run pace of 7:30 min mile / 4:40 min Km.  Recovery runs are slower but again the pace is constant and my mileage is in the region of 50-60 miles per week.  As the end of the year approaches I'm now trying to decide which races to do and it's looking like a busy year so I need to make some compromising choices.

For starters I'm entered into the Connemara Ultra in April and I also have an entry in the Dingle Ultra Marathon in September through Ultra Running Ireland which will be run as the National 50 Mile Title but apart from that there's nothing definite.  Other planned races happen in May, August & September and i'll make my decisions on which races to do at the start of January.  I could try do them all and just get around and use the last race as an excuse for not doing well in the next but that's not how I operate.  I like to prepare well and give everything my best shot and I don't make excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment