Monday, November 16, 2009

Starting all over again..

With just over a month left in this year I've started on the next stage of my training schedule.  For the last month most of my runs were within my easy heart rate zone and I've also spent some time working on my leg strength and core stability by doing exercises which included lunges & single leg squats for my legs and  chin ups for my upper body.  My heart rate based runs meant that when training with someone else they usually had to slow down at times to stay with my pace so as a compromise I'll run at a set pace when with someone or heart rate when I'm on my own.

Today I did my first run and just went for it running comfortably hard while ignoring my Garmin and heart rate and had a very enjoyable run in the wind and rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment